Ingredients (makes 12 brownies)
- Preheat oven to 180℃ (Gas Mark 4). Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the curd and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and creamy, pour over the chocolate mixture and fold in.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa and fold in the nuts (if desired). Pour into the prepared tin, making sure it goes right into the corners and bake for 25-30 minutes. The top should be crusty with a slight wobble underneath.
- Cool completely in the tin (can refrigerate overnight which aids cutting) and then cut into squares or triangles.