- 2 rounded tbsp The Cherry Tree Thick Cut Vintage Marmalade
- 6 slices of white bread from a good quality large loaf with crusts left on
- 2oz softened butter
- 10fl oz whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3oz sugar
- grated zest of 1 large orange
- 1 level tbsp Demerara sugar
- crème fraîche or chilled pouring cream
- Generously butter the slices of bread on one side, then spread the The Cherry Tree Thick Cut Vintage Marmalade on three of these slices and put the other three slices on top (buttered side down) so you have got three rounds of sandwiches.
- Now spread some butter over the top slice of each sandwich and cut into quarters to make little triangles or squares. Then arrange the sandwiches, butter side up, overlapping each other in a baking dish and standing almost upright.
- Whisk the milk, cream, eggs and sugar together and pour this all over the bread.
- Scatter the surface of the bread with the grated orange zest and Demerara sugar, then place pudding on a high shelf and bake it for 35-40 minutes at 180℃ until it is puffy and golden and the top crust is crunchy.
- Serve straight from the oven while it is still puffy.