Passion Fruit Curd
Ingredients for a 9 inch cake (12 generous portions)
- 1/2 a large pack of digestive biscuits
- A handful of dark brown sugar
- 50g unsalted butter
- 400g mascarpone
- 1 pot / 284ml double cream
- 200g caster sugar
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- At least half a jar of Cherry Tree Passion Fruit Curd (more to taste!)
- Put the digestive biscuits into a bag and bash with a rolling pin into crumbs.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan and when melted mix with the biscuits. If you find they are not well coated, melt more butter and add this.
- When the biscuit mixture is well coated press into a deep 23cm (9 in) round cake tin and place in the fridge to cool.
- Whisk together the mascarpone, lemon zest and juice and caster sugar.
- Whisk the double cream in a separate bowl to form firmish peaks.
- Add the double cream to the cheese mixture, whisk until smooth.
- Pour the cheese mixture onto the biscuit base and smooth with a spatula.
- Put in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Smooth curd over the top of the cheesecake and allow to set for another 2 hours for a soft filling or leave in overnight if you have the time. Keep Refrigerated