Grapefruit Glazed Ham
- 1 gammon joint
- 1 pint cider
- 2 chopped carrots
- 2 onions studded with cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 12 peppercorns
- whole cloves
- 2 tbsp The Cherry Tree Pink Grapefruit Marmalade
- 1 lemon
- Soak a gammon joint overnight. Drain and discard the water and pat the gammon dry. Place the gammon in a large pan and then pour over a pint of cider and enough water to cover the joint.
- Add 2 chopped carrots, 2 onions studded with cloves, 4 bay leaves, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 tbsp brown sugar and 12 peppercorns to the pan. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and gently simmer for 3 - 3½ hours. Skim off any scum during the cooking. When cooked, remove the ham from the pan and place in a roasting tin. Let it cool slightly and then peel away the skin.
- Preheat the oven 190℃/375℉/Gas 5. Score diamond shapes on the fat and stud each diamond with a clove.
- Heat 8 tbsp of The Cherry Tree Pink Grapefruit Marmalade and the juice of half a lemon in a pan for a few minutes until it thickens to a sticky glaze.
- Brush the marmalade glaze over the surface of the ham.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the glaze has set.