Queen of Puddings
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Butter for greasing
- 55g white breadcrumbs
- 300ml milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp The Cherry Tree Raspberry Extra Jam
- 2 egg whites
- 115g caster sugar
- For the bases, sprinkle the breadcrumbs between two ramekins. Mix the milk and egg yolk, then pour over the breadcrumbs.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes then place in the oven on Gas Mark 4 and bake for 25 minutes until just set.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before spreading with The Cherry Tree Raspberry Extra Jam.
- Reduce the oven temperature to Gas Mark 3.
- For the meringue whisk the egg whites until stiff and gently fold in the caster sugar.
- Spoon on top of the pudding and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden and set.