- 25g butter
- 25g flour
- 150ml milk
- 175g cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp The Cherry Tree Sweet Cider Chutney
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 slices of toast
- Make a roux with the butter and flour, and leave to cool.
- Bring the milk to the boil, then whisk it into the roux.
- Bring to the boil once again, whisking all the time.
- Add the cheese, beat it in and remove from the heat.
- Heat the chutney, English mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- When thick add this mixture to the cheese sauce.
- Season well with salt and pepper and beat in the egg yolks.
- Spoon on to the slices of toast and grill until bubbling.